As Airfield Design Manager, you will be responsible for the production and delivery of the civil packages comprised in the design of the airfield infrastructures. You will lead and coordinate the resources involved in the production of the various specialties covering from soil and topographic analysis, layout design, grading, stormwater design and BMPs, pavement design and evaluation, Airfield Lighting, etc. mainly focusing on the aerodrome movement area. As a requirement to fulfill this mission, you will need to prove:
- Deep understanding of Airport operations, safety requirements, operational constrains, and particular needs to be considered in airfield projects.
- Experience in airfield layout design based on standards like ICAO, FAA, UFC, GCAA, IATA, etc. for movement area, GSE roads and special facilities.
- Experience in Obstacle Evaluation (design of OLS, Basic ILS Surfaces, OAS, etc.)
- Knowledge on geotechnical engineering and soil mechanics.
- Experience analyzing topographic data and acquiring services for topographic surveys using different technologies (land surveys, UAV orthomosaic / 3D models, etc.)
- Strong and demonstrable background in airport pavement design, including experience with special treatments used in airports like polymer modified asphalt, antiskid, special fuel resistant sealers and binders, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in airfield pavement evaluation, assessment and maintenance.
- Knowledge on airfield stormwater networks. Beyond the standard design requirements for a stormwater network, the special requirements applicable in airports must be known and observed: function of each area, maximum slopes, load bearing requirements, frangibility, etc.
- Knowledge of the various elements existing in an airfield which need to be accounted and coordinated with the civil design, like AGL, NavAids, Arresting Barriers and their imposed constrains in terms of location, slopes, frangibility, etc. according to different standards and best practices.
- Able to prepare engineering reports and presentations.
- Experience in elaboration of BOQs.
- Able to write and review project specifications.
- Experience leading a team and capacity for management and coordination to deliver the work in time and assuring the required levels of quality following the established policies and practices.
- Very good communication skills.
This profile will be integrated into the new Dubai Aerodrome Infrastructure Department, under the direction of the Head of Infrastructure