ADP Ingenierie is searching for an experienced, hands-on Director of Accounting to provide oversight of all accounting and audit activities supporting ADP Ingenierie's regional operations. He/She will lead the overall accounting operations for ADP Ingenierie and will have functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable/receivable, and expense procedures.
The Director of Accounting will ensure that ADP Ingenierie has systems and procedures in place to support effective and compliant operations and provide strong internal controls, in line with company procedures, financial and accounting standards and local regulations. Essential requirements include over 10 years’ accounting experience, accounting degree and Chartered Accountant (internationally accredited certification), with international multi-company experience, strong IT skills, highly effective communication and people management skills, and a proactive and meticulous approach.
2. Line and Staff Relations
The position will report to the Regional BU Managing Director with a functional reporting line to the company CFO
• Develop long-term financial model and regularly monitor financial performance of the Regional business unit;
• Play a critical role on leadership team, ensuring cost effectiveness and efficiency in delivery of our financial strategy;
• Advise Senior Leadership Team on financial and organizational effectiveness;
• Provide strategic guidance regarding the related policies, processes and systems necessary to manage the organization’s financial and administrative operation.
• Consistently analyze financial data and present reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; monitor progress, prepare financial outlooks and financial forecasts and keep company CFO abreast of any changes;
• Manage tax reporting and other local regulatory reporting requirements;
• Ensure all compliance practices are implemented based on up to date regulations;
• Conduct internal reporting and consolidate accounts at a regional level
• Accounting Functions and Financial Systems
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements;
• Coordinate all audit activity and prepare detailed audit
• Create and maintain accounting manuals and other working documents as needed to ensure staff adhere to recommended practices and procedures;
• Oversee international accounts receivable and accounts payable and supervise accounting staff who execute A/R and A/P transactions;
• Utilize current transactional and financial systems and make recommendations for ongoing improvements in functionality as required.
• Budgets, Cash Flow Management and Controls
• Manage the annual budget process, providing guidance and support to Project Managers and other team members where needed;
• Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs and project budgets and actual expenses;
• Develop documentation of procedures and recommendations for process improvements;
• Interface with outside audit firms, banks, government bodies, etc.
• Manage organizational cash flow forecasting in partnership with corporate finance
• Review balance sheet and income statements for accuracy.
• People Management
• Manage multi-site/company accounting team by providing guidance over daily operating financial procedures;
• Manage resources and career paths
4. Skills & Qualification
• Masters' degree in Accounting/Finance from a recognized institution;
• Advanced Degree/Certification in Accounting; CPA a plus with experience in accounting of a multinational company
• min. 8-10 years of accounting management experience, demonstrating a clear increase in responsibilities
• Demonstrated ability with reviewing, creating, and implementing new systems and approaches
• Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software
• Strong experience managing reporting, budget development and analysis, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, tax and banking
Skills and Attributes
• Proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who is comfortable working in partnership with senior leaders;
• Excellent written and communication skills;
• Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, Board and other stakeholders;
• Ability to translate financial concepts to individuals at all levels in the organization – including non-finance employees;
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with rapidly changing priorities;
• Challenges current practice constructively and gives feedback that improves performance
• Customer-oriented, positive attitude; collaborative, professional
• Well organized, logical thinking decision-maker with an analytical, detailed approach to researching and problem solving
• Strong people management skills; ability to manage team members and work collaboratively across the organization.