1. Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSE) Management and Control:
- Assists in implementing and monitoring of HSE system and related procedures at project level.
- Assists in reviewing and updating of Project HSE Plan.
- Assists in the implementation of Project HSE Plan and verifies that the company’s HSE Policy is fully understood.
- Management of HSE Team on site and the coordination of HSE matters with the Client’s team.
- Stop any activity that may lead to any major incidents and ensure corrective action is taken before the activity can restart.
- HSE Management system implementation as per Project HSE Plan
- Awareness of HSE systems to all employees via inductions, inspections, trainings, and meetings.
2. Training and Induction:
- Carrying out induction of all site personnel including and conducting site tool box talks about HSE Plans / Risk Assessments /bulletins/ Checklists, etc.
- Assists in developing HSE Training Matrix according to project construction baseline schedules, legal requirements & contractual obligation.
- Assists in the implementation of the training matrix accordingly
- Ensure Training Matrix is followed according to schedule.
- Ensure all training is conducted to all staff and workers base on their job requirement/scope.
- Ensure proper documentation of all conducted training
- Perform daily site inspections to include construction sites as well as site facilities.
- Prepare inspection reports and issue instructions to correct any unsafe acts and working conditions.
- Conduct follow-up inspections to ensure all non-conformances are closed.
- Verify implementation of Permit to Work System
- Conduct inspections and prepare required report within the required time frame.
- Identify root cause analysis based on inspection reports and implement corrective and preventive action accordingly.
4. Subcontractors Control and Coordination:
- Liaise with the main contractor to manage subcontractors HSE team to ensure smooth and safe progress of the works.
- Issue instructions to correct any unsafe working conditions.
- Issue instructions to Sub Contractors to closeout any non-conformances within required time.
5. Monitoring, Reporting & Project support:
- Assists in collating and reporting on HSE systems performances.
- Provide functional support and advice to Project Teams to ensure high level of awareness to HSE requirements at the project.
- Assists in preparation of HSE Weekly/Monthly Report as required.
- Assists in ensuring all Non-conformance reports and observations issued by internal and external auditors are closed.
- Assists in ensuring readiness of the project/s for internal/external audit.
- Assists in periodical reviews and updates of Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure all necessary 3rd Party Certification (i.e. lifting equipment, operators) are complied.
- Appropriate improvement actions are taken in timely manner and monitored for effectiveness.
- Assists in delivering EHSMS awareness program / training as required.
- Required HSE Reports are properly prepared and submitted on time.
6. Incident/Near Miss Reporting:
- Report any unsafe conditions and injuries resulting from work activities to Project HSE Manager.
- Assists in the investigation of site accidents and analyse root causes and associated preventive actions.
- Assists in maintaining the records of accidents and incidents that occur in the project including the detailed analysis of each injuries/damages.
- Ensure all Incidents/Near Misses are investigated, reported and logged accordingly.
- Ensure all corrective/preventive action are implemented and monitored for effectiveness.
7. General Tasks:
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as designated by the Manager HSE.
- Satisfactory Manager’s feedback